Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Disney Point

When you work at Disney, there are several rules that must be followed. We must never refer to the guests as customers, we must never put our hands in our pockets or fold are arms across our chest, and we must never ever point with one finger. Always use two fingers or your whole hand to point at an object or when giving directions, this way another guest does not feel as if you are pointing at them in a rude manner. After 37 hours of pointing this way, you start to point at everything that way. At Target you see that Coke is on sale on the other aisle and you Disney Point to them in order for your roommates to see. While shopping at Downtown Disney you Disney Point to clothing that you think is cute. And even at home, you end up pointing to the TV when your favorite commercial comes on. Basically what I'm trying to say is that I am convinced that until the day I die I will be using the Disney Point. And that makes me smile.

Work was pretty boring because the store I was in is very slow and customers weren't very chatty. But I did get to pin trade with several people through the two days and on monday two little children talked to me for 15 minutes about their Disney experience. It was magical.

Today Christy and I ran some errands and got lost a few times but we did eventually find our way. Then we ventured over to Downtown Disney for some window shopping and dinner with Connie and Amanda. During our window shopping adventure Christy introduced me to this magnificent shop called Little Mismatched where you can buy three unmatching socks and even the boots and flip flops they sell have different designs on them. The store was basically made for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment