Monday, February 1, 2010

You're an official Pin Trader! How does it feel?

Hello again my friends. Sorry its been a while, but life seems to be crazy or a least very tiring. Most of my work days this past week have me starting at 7:30 or 8 which means I have to get up around 5:30 or 6 each morning. And I'm not sure if you know this but I'm not much of a morning person, especially when I watch the sun rise on bus ride to Hollywood Studios. But the benefit is that I get off around 2 if I only have a six hour shift. But these past few days the weather has been freaking out on me so all I have done is hang out with my roommates and watch Princess movies. Some of these girls need a little refreshing on their Disney Princess knowledge. Especially Kelley, she had no clue what happened in Beauty and the Beast other than Belle falling in love with the Beast and changing him into a human. But I got to give her the run down so it was all okay in the end.

The other day I worked in the Toy Story Midway Mania gift shop, which may be my favorite area to work because the children and parents alike are so excited when they get off the ride that I just want to jump in and know all about their experience. Anyway, I got three Beauty and the Beast pins! The first is a Gaston pin from an older man who wanted a hidden Mickey pin. The second was from a fellow College Programer who wanted one of my Pluto pins. And the last was from a little girl. She traded a pin with Belle and the Beast holding hands in their ball attire:) I have been eyeing this pin on other traders for about two weeks now but no one has given it to me, so when I saw her unpinning it I had to try with all my might not to hyperventilate. So I told her thank you and good luck with her pin trading just like I tell other pin traders, but instead of pinning it on my lanyard I pretended to and as soon as she walked away, I thrust it into my pocket before another trader could take my precious prize away from me.

Yesterday I was in the Villain shop and a little girl and her mom came up to me and asked me how they could start pin trading. I explained all the rules to them: 1. Guest can trade up to two pins per Cast member, per day. 2. Pins should be in good, undamaged condition. 3. Guests should offer a pin that is not already displayed on the Cast Member's lanyard. 4. Cast lanyards should display a minimum of 12 pins. After describing these oh so important rules, I got to trade with her! Her smile was so big when she was looking through all my pins. She choose her favorite and was on her way to becoming a professional Disney Pin Trader. Probably one of my favorite moments so far.

Today I got my first piece of mail from my dear Linny. It brought so much joy to my life, she made her own stationary and everything. Keep the mail coming people, my roommate Kelley gets five packages a week! And you think I'm lying, but I'm not.

Good news: I get to sleep in tomorrow. No work until 3:)

No comments:

Post a Comment